Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Treo is dead.. long live the Treo

Well that's it. My PalmOne Treo 650 is finally and irreparably ruined.

Last week, one evening the touchscreen suddenly died. Attempting to self repair it (as I've done once earlier) caused the keyboard's upper and lower rows to die. I then decided to ignore the touchscreen until I got a replacement, and attempted to fix the keyboard problem. This led the display to die totally. Got the display working again, but in the attempt, managed to disconnect the internal speaker. So now:

a) No touchscreen
b) About 33% working keyboard
c) No internal speaker

I had this phone for over 3 years (that too, bought second hand) and loved it. The Treo was everything a phone-cum-pda should be. A lot of the newer phones cannot do as much as my fully loaded and efficient Treo 650.

I will miss it sorely.

RIP.

No comments: